Sunday, June 8, 2014

Birthday

Okay, so my birthday is tomorrow. I cannot believe I will be 46 years old. I in no way feel my age. Sometimes I hardly feel like an adult!  

Today, I am feeling kind of down. Every year I always put so much emphasis in my birthday and always think "I'm going to do this or that"; one big party weekend. When, in actuality, all I ever do is hang out at home. I then get irritated because I feel like I should be doing something momentous to celebrate my birthday. So, I've felt that way today. However, I am determined to break the cycle. 

I am a truly blessed individual. I got to spend the day with my mom and great aunt yesterday. We went shopping and to lunch. Today, my grandmother called me to let me know she had made me a pound cake for my birthday (she makes the most awesome pound cakes!).  I've passed the morning with my husband, hanging out and watching the French Open -- my fav Nadal won!  Now, the race is on and my favorite race team -though not my fav racer, yet -- is doing well. 

I am blessed!  I have wonderful family and friends and am blessed with a home, transportation, I have a job and wonderful pets and, the best of all, a God that loves me. Guess that is a pretty good birthday present!  

No comments:

Post a Comment