Thursday, February 20, 2014

Positive Self-Talk

I read an interesting article the other day on Mindbodygreen.com about shifting your focus from negative thoughts to positive thoughts.  I have a bad habit of talking myself down, which, in turn, affects my mood.  This article stated that you could change that and live a happier existence.  Basically, the exercise requires you to repeat several mantras to chance your self talk.  It is my intention the next couple of weeks to do repeat these mantras and see what affect it will have on my general mood and outlook on life.  I have listed them below in case you want to check them out and have provided the link to the article as well.

  • I am capable.
  • I know who I am and I am enough.
  • I choose to be present in all that I do.
  • I choose to think thoughts that serve me well.
  • I choose to reach for a better feeling.
  • I share my happiness with those around me.
  • My body is my vehicle in life; I choose to fill it with goodness.
  • I feel energetic and alive.
  • My life is unfolding beautifully.
  • I am confident.
  • I always observe before reacting.
  • I know with time and effort I can achieve.
  • I love challenges and what I learn from overcoming them.
  • Each step is taking me to where I want to be.

14 Mantras to Help Build Positive Self Talk

This is a wonderful website!  I encourage you to sign up to receive their emails.  You will not be disappointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment