Monday, June 22, 2015

Thought I'd tell you about a book I read. I'm not really into a lot of romances but I do like Nora Roberts.  The book was not by Nora Roberts but was entitled Nora Roberts Land, written by Ava Miles.  It was a stroke of genius because when reading Nora Roberts books my pessimistic mind says that situations like that do not happen and there is no happily ever after.  Now, don't get me wrong. I know Ms. Miles' book is a work of fiction, but the idea that she had with the Meredith on a journey to find out if there is some truth in that happily ever after was pretty smart. I feel sure most women feel that flush of excitement, happiness and calmness like I do when reading those romances and having the knight in shining armor come in and handle all your troubles and sorrows, leaving you with the feeling that you will never have another trouble again - the Ahhhhhhh feeling! Ms. Miles' story (it is a whole series by the way), gives you the Nora Roberts feeling as well, but also pushes you toward the belief that there is such heroes and knights in the world.  I know, I know, it is just another fantasy, but it was a wonderful feeling that I just keep wanting to find.

Ms. Miles' story is funny and I love the characters she created. There is tragedy and suspense in her story as well.  In my instance, I related to Meredith's struggle to try to find herself and get back out in the dating world. Some of her experiences mimicked my own, LOL! I found myself wanting to create an alter ego like "Divorcee Woman"! Not sure about the lingerie though - it sounded a little uncomfortable!

For a good and light read, I urge you to check this book out.  I am about to start the next book in the series, French Roast.  Can't want to jump right in to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment