Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Yummy and Easy Recipe I Tried this Week!

This year I am bound and determined to cook more and, if I can, make it from scratch.  Making it from scratch has been a slow process since I'm learning about ingredients how they work and what you should use them it.  Any way, I was thumbing through an old recipe book that my cousin made with Home Economic's class back in the 90s and found this recipe.  It turned out pretty good.  However, I would limit the water or make a gravy of sorts out of the broth.  I served it with green beans, mashed potatoes, biscuits and homemade gravy.  It was devine!

Rice-A-Roni Meatballs

1 box of Rice-a-Roni mix (I used an off brand)
1 lb of ground beef
1 egg

Mix all ingredients (including flavor pack from Rice-a-Roni).  Make 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls.  Mine were about 1 1/2.  Sear meatballs in olive oil in a hot skillet on all sides.  Once seared, add 3 cups of water.  Let simmer for 30 minutes.  Serve.  


Pub. - West Hall Middle School

No comments:

Post a Comment