Wednesday, March 19, 2014

FCCLA This Week!

My work has been crazy busy so I have not had a lot of time to write on my blog.  However, I had to tell you about this coming up Friday.  I'm so excited!  I will be judging (for my 6th year) the FCCLA Star Event in Athens!  If you don't know, FCCLA stands for Family, Career and Community Leaders of America.  It is an organization that gets students involved in the community and promotes growth and leadership skills in their community on a local level.  What I will be judging involves students preparing presentations on programs that have instituted in their school, school district and community that is of benefit to those areas. Here's a link to their website:  http://www.fcclainc.org/content/about-us/
In years past I have judged various presentations on community outreach programs students have instituted to teach kids about drugs, hunger and recycling, to name a few.  It is amazing what some of these kids come up with and they are so impressive in their abilities to be confident and stand in front of three judges to give a presentation!  I thoroughly enjoy participating in this event every year and am glad that my cousin, who is the State Executive Director, invited me to enjoy the experience.  

Check the website out and encourage the young individuals you know to get involved in this program.  It is so worth it and such a learning and growing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment